Way of The Heart
Way of the Heart is a five-month learning cohort that plants a seed for reorienting the way we live. Framed by two big questions — ‘who are we?’ and ‘how do we want to live?’ — this course invites us to connect deeply as whole persons with God’s loving presence; stretches us with intentional, integrative, embodied experiences with God in our present moments; encourages us to wake up to the fullness of life that is ours in the way of Jesus; and offers foundations for Love-based contemplative living. (Note: this course is a companion to Selah’s Awakening to Life course.)
This course includes:
- Five (5) chapters or main topics key to the way of the heart
- Face-to-face sessions with facilitators and cohort friends
- Community-fostering formats for the five ‘one-Saturday-a-month’ sessions
- Engaging conversations, readings with personal reflections, experiencing contemplative practices
- Required sessions with a spiritual director of your choice in consultation with course facilitators
Dates & Location
The 2018 course session dates are 9am to 4pm on January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14, May 5.
Monthly sessions will be held in Woodway WA. Location details available upon acceptance.
The cost of this course is $500 plus a $50 non-refundable application fee (course total is $550). Half of the course cost is due 30 days after being accepted into the cohort, with the other half paid in full at the start of Chapter 1. (Note: other financial arrangements can be made with Selah.) These fees do not include any course material or fees for personal spiritual direction sessions. Payments can be made with cash or personal check in US dollars made out to ‘Selah’. The application fee can be paid online.
Throughout this course, you are asked to begin or continue receiving spiritual direction from a spiritual director of your choice, which is one of the best ways to grasp what the way of the heart is all about! If you would like help finding a spiritual director, please contact us. Please click here for a little more about spiritual direction.
- John Kiemele, PhD, Woodway WA
- Mary Pandiani, DMin, Gig Harbor WA
- Mindy Abenroth Danylak, Shoreline WA
- Submit a completed Application online along with the $50 non-refundable fee
- Selah will contact you regarding the status of your application
- Application deadline is December 1
For more information, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-777-4277