Despite popular beliefs, the journey through life was not designed to be solo. Through all the ups and downs, the twists and turns, the bright patches and shadows, you need not journey alone. Spiritual Direction is the simple gift of a companion’s presence that offers you the gentle and tenacious encouragement to become more aware of God’s loving presence and to co-discern God’s activity in every aspect of your life. The focus is on spending a designated amount of time with an intentional spiritual companion who will engage their training to prayerfully journey with you through having dialogue, listening together, asking questions, experiencing quiet moments, reflecting on life and more… all in the way of Jesus.
As Selah, we strongly encourage personal and or group spiritual direction and are glad to suggest various spiritual directors we have befriended. If you are looking for a spiritual director or are interested in exploring the possibility of spiritual direction, please Contact us and we will be glad to talk further with you. Typically spiritual directors are available to meet once a month, or as often as you deem necessary. Often a fee is suggested in consultation with you that usually is based on a sliding scale according to your unique circumstances. Further details are decided directly between you and the spiritual director of your choice.
What Can You Expect in Spiritual Direction?
- Unfolding clarity on how your unique life story intersects with God’s story
- Support for your life seasons
- Restful space for discernment
- Encouragement to develop and practice meaningful spiritual practices
- Companions committed to regular development, spiritual direction, and supervision
- Personal Referrals as necessary
- Respect for your values, desires and conscience
- Respect for you as a person regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, political persuasions, or personal disabilities
Thank you for taking this time to consider intentional, personal soul-care through Spiritual Direction. God bless you as you journey!