Selah affirms the initiating and transformative love of God expressed profoundly in the Creator, Holy Companion, and Christ Jesus which forms the foundation of Selah’s Intention, Values and Expressions.
Selah is a welcoming community that pauses, encounters the Spirit through contemplative practices, and grows together toward wholeness and loving others.
VALUES and EXPRESSIONS:
Welcoming God’s love as the true Source of our being, our belonging, and our becoming,
We value Contemplative Living – Selah values Contemplative Living through spiritual
practices and grace
- We recognize the triune presence of God as the One who fills each moment with us, gives inspiration for vision, births newness and hope, and reconciles all creation.
We value Generous Listening – Selah values Generous Listening given through pause, listening, and responding to self, others and God as we turn to wonder rather than quick judgment.
- We relate to God and others with receptive hearts, minds, and bodies, nurtured in the way of Christ Jesus.
We value Community – Selah values spacious community and mutuality as a shared contemplative journey with others.
- We honor the uniqueness of all persons as the recognized presence of Christ Jesus.
We value Love in Action – Selah values responding to God’s transformative love in kind
and meaningful action for the sake of others.
- We encourage an openness toward, sanctuary for, and hospitality to all persons.
Rooted and grounded in love, shaped within the Christian tradition while accompanying those who wander through other faith expressions, Selah nurtures those who seek spiritual companionship on the journey of life in whatever circumstance, such as:
- Desiring a deeper experience of God who is Love
- Seeking sustainable soul care
- Wanting something more out of a driven life
- Longing for meaning in a culture of distraction
- Finding a community who listens
- Navigating transition in an ever-changing world
- Experiencing crisis that requires courage and perspective