The Selah community tries to foster an environment accenting these characteristics:
- Spacious Time: to catch our breath and notice God’s personal stirrings and invitations
- Welcoming Openness: to invite our honest experience and genuine expressions of life
- Listening Hearts: to notice God’s presence and movements together
- Supportive Connections: to share companionship and resources that nurture contemplative experiences with Christ.
We hope these continue to accent our environment and experiences, even as we grow, even as we disperse.
“A community is being created when you accept that you are not going to achieve great things, that you are not going to be heroes, but simply live each day with new hope, like children, in wonderment as the sun rises and in thanksgiving as it sets.”
– Jean Vanier, founder of l’Arche communities and Current Templeton Prize Laureate
Take a look at the experiences we enjoy sharing.