Spend Friday Mornings with Selah
Kairos Morning: Pause, Encounter, Grow
10 – 11 a.m.
Join us every Friday at 10:00 am (Pacific Time), we meet on Zoom for a Kairos Moment. Together we’ll explore a contemplative practice. For a Zoom invite, please use this contact form. We hope to see you on Fridays!
For Lent and Easter
A Journey through Lent into Easter
This book curates a reflective posture through a compilation of poems, words, prayers, songs, questions, and images that have touched those in the Selah community for the Lenten season that leads to Easter. A time to remember Jesus Christ’s life, ministry, death, and resurrection, Lent opens up space to consider our own story as it intersects the Gospel story of “good news.” The season reminds us not only of the resurrection of Jesus Christ who brings hope and life, but also of God’s presence in the liminal space of wondering and crying out amidst the pain and suffering of life. Using pieces offered by the community, this book provides a trellis of spiritual practices that cultivate the heart and soul for such a time as this, the winter before the spring, that otherwise may become dark and meaningless. As a companion to accompany you, the practices in the book help navigate the season with hope. The invitation to hear God and join the Selah community comes through the Selah way of the pausing, encountering, desiring wholeness, and loving others, as the Divine Presence of Holy God extends Godself in Jesus Christ.
Available on Amazon.com in hardcover, paperback, and Kindle
Perfect for the holidays
Nurturing Contemplative Life
We offer a variety of whole-person, embodied experiences and resources to support your desire to live a more contemplative way of life.
- We offer introductory seminars, such as “Awakening to God,” and more involved courses, such as “Living from the Heart,” our foundational course that has shaped the heart and culture of our community.
- We offer a variety of other seminars on specialty topics that will stimulate and inspire your contemplative awareness and experiences, topics such as “Listening Matters,” “Pausing Matters,” “Stories Imagined,” “Living into Paradox,” “Introduction to Enneagram,” and more.
- We engage with spiritual directors to whom we can refer to companion you on your individual spiritual journey.
- We have online resources that can help you experience some listening prayer practices.
- We have groups named SoulCare groups that can become your local community for connection and support as you nurture contemplative rhythms in your life.
- We offer retreats such as “Silent Retreats” or “Savoring Retreats” in get-away settings to give you more extended time and space to encounter God’s presence.
- We encourage experiences with contemplative creativity and movement
- We anticipate an online community where you can share and learn from others expressing their contemplative experiences.