Hand Dance Prompts
- Lift one hand and explore moving it in a smooth fashion
- Then in a jerky fashion
- Explore smooth and fast
- Then jerky and slow
- Find a shape with your hand and feel the quality of that shape
- Now change the shape
- And change it again
- Let you hand come to rest on a part of your body and breathe into that place of connection
- Find another place of connection and breathe
- Finally, see how much space you can cover moving one had, find the edges of how far one hand can go
- Now, take a deep breath in and let it out with a sigh.
- Using a piece of music, now enter into a quiet posture of contemplation. You can draw on all the ways of moving you have just explored. Let your hand be an instrument of play, discovery, and prayer.
- If you are with others, now try and dance with the hand of the person next to you.
Provided by Beth Griffith, from Inter-Play