About the Course
Living from the Heart (LFTH) offers a transformational learning cohort, an extended community experience that invites you into a unique journey from head to heart, beyond performance, achievement, and rational dependence to receptivity, alertness, and trusting openness toward God. This is a journey that deepens, sharpens and enriches your life from the inside out, and introduces various contemplative practices that sustain such a life. Biblically, the heart is the very core of life from where our intentions and character flow into our thinking, feeling, relating and doing. Opening to God’s heart of love with our whole heart, including our broken places, and learning to be attentive and receptive to God’s love brings a truth-filled, healing integration within that frees us to offer our lives in loving compassion and listening companionship to others and creation. This is Living From The Heart.
- 8 sessions include five (5) modules or main topics key to “Living From the Heart”
- Your choice of Face-to-face sessions or Zoom sessions with facilitators and cohort friends
- Community-fostering schedule that includes concluding retreat with intervening face-to-face or Zoom monthly sessions
- Required attendance, readings with written reflections, contemplative practices and experiences
- Regular connections with a soul-care group comprised of geographically-close cohort members. Encouragement to continue or assistance to begin spiritual direction with a spiritual director of your choice in consultation with course facilitators
Monthly class sessions will be held in Tacoma, WA or Zoom online.
Over-night Retreat will be held at a retreat center in the South Puget Sound area.
Throughout this course, we ask you to begin or continue receiving spiritual direction from a spiritual director of your choice, which is one of the best means of spiritual guidance and companionship, and also one of the best ways to learn what “Living From the Heart” is all about! More information about spiritual direction will be shared at the cohort opening session. For help finding a spiritual director before then, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us if you would like more information.